Top area restaurants are slated to participate in the 12th Annual Taste of Del Ray. The event, named one of Virginia Living Magazine’s top food festivals in the state, will shift to a weekend-long format from Friday, June 4 to Sunday, June 6.
Throughout the weekend, each participating restaurant will offer select “tastes” for just $5 each. Restaurants are also encouraged to offer cocktail pairings to complement their dishes. Order a bunch of Tastes to go or enjoy them as an appetizer or part of your meal!
Online registration for the event is just $5, and includes the exclusive menu of available tastes and specialty cocktails, plus a ballot to cast your vote for the People’s Choice Award. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AND FOR THE LATEST MENU ITEMS!
Participating Restaurants & Ordering Information
- Participating restaurants to date include Bella Napoli, Cheesetique, Del Ray Pizzeria, Evening Star Cafe, Hops N Shine, Junction Bakery & Bistro, Lena’s Wood-Fired Pizza & Tap, Live Oak Restaurant/Elo’s Italian Pop-Up, Pork Barrel BBQ, Spice Kraft, Stomping Ground, and Taqueria Poblano.
- Each restaurant has the option of offering up to three food entries in the competition; all entries are available for just $5, and will be available from June 4-6. Restaurants also have the option to offer VIP cocktail pairings (prices vary), which will not be judged.
- Pre-orders are STRONGLY encouraged to help our restaurants plan ahead. All orders should be placed online or by phone per the restaurants’ usual operating procedure for carryout.
- Special menu items will be available June 4-6 for pick-up at the restaurants during their normal operating hours. Tastes are available for dine-in or carry-out (or both!) depending on the restaurant’s protocols.
People’s Choice Award
- All registrants will receive a ballot for the People’s Choice Award, to the email used for registration. Online voting closes at 8:30 p.m. on Sunday, June 6.
- The Judge’s Choice and the People’s Choice awards will be announced on Monday, June 7.