June 02, 2022
6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Jack Taylor’s Alexandria Toyota, 3750 Richmond Highway
Top area restaurants are slated to participate in the 13th Annual Taste of Del Ray. The event, named one of Virginia Living Magazine’s top food festivals in the state, will kick off with a VIP reception on Thursday, June 2, plus weekend-long Tastes Along the Avenue from Friday, June 3 to Sunday, June 5.
“This year’s Taste of Del Ray is an incredible opportunity to highlight the culinary talent in our community,” said Del Ray Business Association President Lauren Fisher. “We’re thrilled to combine our traditional Taste of Del Ray event with the success of our modified event in 2021.” Over a dozen restaurants are scheduled to participate.
There are two ticketing options:
VIP RECEPTION ($50) — SOLD OUT!
The weekend-long culinary event kicks off on Thursday, June 2 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.with a special VIP reception featuring tastes from all the participating restaurants and a wine tasting at Jack Taylor’s Alexandria Toyota, located at 3750 Richmond Highway. Just 100 tickets will be available. NOTE: THE VIP RECEPTION IS SOLD OUT — THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING OUR LOCAL RESTAURANTS!
TASTE ALONG THE AVENUE ($5)
Throughout the weekend, each participating restaurant will offer participants up to three select “tastes” for just $5 each. Restaurants are also encouraged to offer cocktail pairings to complement their dishes. Online registration for the event is just $5, and includes the exclusive menu of available tastes and specialty cocktails, plus a ballot for the People’s Choice Award. Click here for tickets!
The Taste Along The Avenue menu:
Participating Restaurants & Ordering Information — Taste Along the Avenue
- All “tastes“ need to be purchased directly from participating restaurants and will be priced at $5 each; they will be available starting Friday, June 4, and through Sunday, June 5 during their normal operating hours.
- Each restaurant has the option of offering up to three food entries in the competition, priced at $5 each. Restaurants also have the option to offer VIP cocktail pairings (prices vary), which will not be judged.
- Tastes are available for dine-in or carry-out, depending on the restaurant’s protocols.
- Special Taste of Del Ray menu items will be available June 3-5 for pick-up or dine-in at the restaurants during their normal operating hours.
People’s Choice Award
- All registrants will receive an online ballot for the People’s Choice Award, sent to the email used for registration. Online voting closes at 8:30 p.m. on Sunday, June 5.
- The Judge’s Choice and the People’s Choice awards will be announced on Monday, June 6.
“We’re excited to ease back to an in-person event with a smaller VIP event that will kick off a full weekend of tastes,” said Taste of Del Ray chair Karen Johnson. “The pandemic forced us to pivot last year, and ask Taste of Del Ray participants to visit individual restaurants for their ‘taste.’ We heard from restaurants and attendees that they really liked this new aspect of our event. Especially popular was the weekend long time-frame, which created a delicious three-day dining experience around Del Ray.”
Thanks for supporting our local restaurants! Don’t forget to cast your ballot (it’ll be sent to the email you registered under in Eventbrite), and tag your food photos #visitdelray on Facebook and Instagram.