Come to the 2nd annual HalloWEIRD outdoor art market on Saturday, September 23, 2023 from 10am–4pm to browse Halloween-inspired creations that are spooky, creepy, crawly, and goth. Maybe you like the upbeat, fun side of the season, like costumes, hot cider, hay rides, autumn colors. You can see art celebrating that too! The market offers diverse, original handcrafted artwork from talented local artists in a wide range of media, including ceramics, fiber, jewelry, mixed media, paper, photography, and more. There is something for everyone!
This is an outdoor, family-friendly, rain-or-shine event in Colasanto Park adjoining Del Ray Artisans gallery at 2704 Mount Vernon Avenue, Alexandria, VA (corner of Commonwealth and Mount Vernon avenues). The market is FREE to browse and open to the public. Mark your calendar or set a reminder through Eventbrite.
The artists featured in the market are:
- John T Allen, Permian Designs
- Amy Bruce Studios
- Amy Castine, Castine Beadwork
- Maxine Cholmondeley, Max’s Mixtures Candles & Soaps
- Meredith D’Amore, Rare Bird Press
- Ariane D’Souza
- Amanda Fletchersmith, Custom Monster
- Lesley Hall-Runner, Ruthless Art
- Erica Hughes and Suzan Ok Shumate, Fox Arrow Artisans
- BWS Johnson, Blooms of Paradise
- Betsy Jones
- Archna Kanodia, Heena Art – Hand Decorations
- Mary Katz, Star and Moon Creations
- Annemarie Kuhns, Love + Lino
- Megan Levanduski, Megan Elaine Designs
- Samantha Ludwitzke, Samantha’s Doodles
- Liz Martinez, Spirit of the Mandala
- Madeleine Meredith, Miles & Bear
- Susan Pawlukiewicz, Lucite Creations
- Christina Rojas, et cetera
- Tekla Taylor
- Tracy Wilkerson, Recycled Works
Special Performances: Del Ray Artisans and Monarca in Flight present “Human Spiders” during HalloWEIRD! Monarca in Flight is Northern Virginia’s first studio devoted primarily to aerials and aerials education.
Step inside Del Ray Artisans gallery to see the Farther Afield art exhibit (September 1–30, 2023) featuring artwork that takes us outside of our day-to-day lives to locations far and wide. Del Ray Artisans, founded in 1992, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to promote art for the benefit of artists and the community.